• About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact
Thursday, May 21, 2026
  • Login
360NewsUG – Informative, Verified, and Trusted News from Uganda
  • Home
  • News
  • Tech
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Business
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Tech
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Business
No Result
View All Result
360NewsUG – Informative, Verified, and Trusted News from Uganda
No Result
View All Result
Home News

Activist in Fear of his Life as Court Sets January 27th to Rule on Entebbe Kitooro Market and Park Case

Ketcho Julius by Ketcho Julius
January 26, 2026
in News
Reading Time: 3 mins read
0
Activist in Fear of his Life as Court Sets January 27th to Rule on Entebbe Kitooro Market and Park Case

The front view of Entebbe kitooro market

0
SHARES
218
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

The Civil Division of the High court in Kampala has set January 27th as the date to hear the case in which traders in Kitooro Taxi Park and market are seeking to have their lock up stalls returned to them and compensated for the losses made.

In a hearing notice dated 12 January 2026 seen by this publication, the acting registrar His Worship Kintu Simon Zirintusa noted that the case in which the traders are seeking to regain their stalls with compensation will be heard at 9am on the set date.

“If no appearance is made on your behalf, by yourself/your pleader or someone authorised by law to act for you, the case will be heard in your absence” he said.

ADVERTISEMENT

However Mr John Mugabi, the Director Action for liberty and Economic development(ALED) while talking to 360Newsug.com said that when some of the perpetrators involved in robbing vendors of their stalls in the case got to know of the hearing, they allegedly fabricated stories about him to military officials in the area who are on the hunt for him.

According to Mugabi, the soldiers seized off his home in Lugonjo on January 19th in an attempted pre-emptive arrest to allegedly stop him from mobilising vendors for a victory procession through Entebbe which he said isn’t true.

“They spent the whole of the night banging the gate, I don’t know why but if they wanted too, they would have scaled over the fence, I contacted the DPC and he told me he had got to know about it but since I am a leader, he would talk to me” he said.

He added, “The DPC contacted me and informed me how they had got information that I wanted to mobilise the traders and youth to for a victory parade, information which I didn’t even know about”.

blank
Mr John Mugabi, the Director Action for liberty and Economic development(ALED)

Mr Mugabi who is also the National Unity Platform (NUP’s) flag bearer for the Entebbe Division B chairperson seat has since gone into hiding and further condemned municipal leaders whose identities he declined to reveal as being the reason behind the military raid on his home with only a few days left to hearing the ruling of the court.

“The ruling will set a precedence that it won’t be easy for people to just play around with vendors issues lightly and ensure their rights are respected and trade fairly” he said.

When contacted, the Kampala metropolitan deputy Police PRO ASP Luke Owoyesigyire confirmed that there was police presence at Mugabi’s home on the said date who found the place locked and went away.

Owoyesigyire further advised Mr Mugabi to come out of hiding and present himself before Entebbe CPS where an investigation is ongoing.

“Let him present himself to police, there is an ongoing investigation there, he will be informed of the case there” he said.

On April 9th last year, the Minister of Local Government Raphael Magyezi issued a one week ultimatum to Entebbe Municipality local councillors who allegedly allocated themselves lock up shops in the newly opened Kitooro Taxi Park to vacate them for the rightful vendors.

“If they don’t remove themselves, you remove them and give them the bill, beyond that, we shall see what happens. Leaders, councillors and technical officials don’t involve yourselves in these lock-ups, it is conflict of interest for you to be the supervisor and you become the owner or the operator of these things” he said.

Mr Magyezi added, “If you know you’re a councillor and you have a lock up shop here, give it to the town clerk, don’t make a mistake of placing it under another person’s names, pseudo names, your relatives, it isn’t acceptable, hand them over to the town clerk, the allocation committee will reallocate them to other people and you have to refund all the money you extorted from people” he said.

Mr Magyezi made the remarks while chairing a meeting between vendors and municipal council officials over the alleged misallocation of shops in the park, this followed an impromptu visit by the Minister to the Kitooro Market and Kitooro Taxi Park to assess recent complaints raised by vendors in both business areas of self-allocation of stalls by councillors.

Tags: John Mugabi SocratesKitooro marketKitooro taxi parkLuke OwoyesigyireNUP

Stay updated! Subscribe to get instant notifications whenever a new post like this goes live.

Unsubscribe
Ketcho Julius

Ketcho Julius

Related Posts

Police Returns To Former Speaker Among’s Nakasero Residence, Seizes Luxury Cars
News

Police Returns To Former Speaker Among’s Nakasero Residence, Seizes Luxury Cars

May 20, 2026
28 Arrested As Police Burst Online Sex Ring
News

28 Arrested As Police Burst Online Sex Ring

May 20, 2026
CID Director Tom Magambo’s Son Dies While Swimming in US
News

CID Director Tom Magambo’s Son Dies While Swimming in US

May 20, 2026
Thieves Break Into Bank of Uganda, Steal Seven Laptops
News

Police Recovers All Stolen Bank of Uganda Laptops

May 20, 2026
We Are Investigating Several Petitions Against Former Speaker Among – IGG
News

We Are Investigating Several Petitions Against Former Speaker Among – IGG

May 20, 2026
Arsenal Win Premier League Title for First Time in 22 Years
Sports

Arsenal Win Premier League Title for First Time in 22 Years

May 19, 2026
Next Post
Bobi Wine Slams Police, Inter Religious Council Over Silence on Raid on his Home

Bobi Wine Slams Police, Inter Religious Council Over Silence on Raid on his Home

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

  • Latest
  • Trending
  • Comments
Police Returns To Former Speaker Among’s Nakasero Residence, Seizes Luxury Cars

Police Returns To Former Speaker Among’s Nakasero Residence, Seizes Luxury Cars

May 20, 2026
28 Arrested As Police Burst Online Sex Ring

28 Arrested As Police Burst Online Sex Ring

May 20, 2026
CID Director Tom Magambo’s Son Dies While Swimming in US

CID Director Tom Magambo’s Son Dies While Swimming in US

May 20, 2026
Thieves Break Into Bank of Uganda, Steal Seven Laptops

Police Recovers All Stolen Bank of Uganda Laptops

May 20, 2026
Dr Spire, Cartoonist Jim Spire’s brother found dead along Entebbe Road

Dr Spire, Cartoonist Jim Spire’s brother found dead along Entebbe Road

June 22, 2025
Missing St Savio Junior School P6 Pupil Finally Found

Missing St Savio Junior School P6 Pupil Finally Found

May 1, 2026
Police Investigating Drowning of S3 Student at SMACK

Police Investigating Drowning of S3 Student at SMACK

October 26, 2025
Killer of Entebbe elderly couple accessed home over the fence

Killer of Entebbe elderly couple accessed home over the fence

July 8, 2025
Pride Bank SACCO & Investment Club to Strengthen Community Financial Inclusion

Pride Bank SACCO & Investment Club to Strengthen Community Financial Inclusion

3
NUP to Decide on Party Ticket Complainants Today

NUP to Decide on Party Ticket Complainants Today

2
Police Investigating Death of a Woman at Bryan White’s Home

Police Investigating Death of a Woman at Bryan White’s Home

2
Police Investigating Naalya SS Students Murder

Police Investigates Rape of 22 year Old Woman by Boda Boda Riders in Muyenga

2

Recent News

Police Returns To Former Speaker Among’s Nakasero Residence, Seizes Luxury Cars

Police Returns To Former Speaker Among’s Nakasero Residence, Seizes Luxury Cars

May 20, 2026
28 Arrested As Police Burst Online Sex Ring

28 Arrested As Police Burst Online Sex Ring

May 20, 2026
CID Director Tom Magambo’s Son Dies While Swimming in US

CID Director Tom Magambo’s Son Dies While Swimming in US

May 20, 2026
Thieves Break Into Bank of Uganda, Steal Seven Laptops

Police Recovers All Stolen Bank of Uganda Laptops

May 20, 2026
360NewsUG – Informative, Verified, and Trusted News from Uganda

At 360NewsUG, we bring you the latest and most accurate updates from Uganda and around the world. Dive into our dynamic coverage of News, Business, Entertainment, Technology, Features, Opinions, and Sports — carefully curated to keep you informed, engaged, and empowered.

Browse by Category

  • Apps
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Gadget
  • Health
  • Lifestyle
  • Mobile
  • News
  • Opinions
  • Politics
  • Sports
  • Startup
  • Tech
  • Tech
  • Travel
  • Uncategorized
  • World

Recent News

Police Returns To Former Speaker Among’s Nakasero Residence, Seizes Luxury Cars

Police Returns To Former Speaker Among’s Nakasero Residence, Seizes Luxury Cars

May 20, 2026
28 Arrested As Police Burst Online Sex Ring

28 Arrested As Police Burst Online Sex Ring

May 20, 2026
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact

© 2025 360NewsUG - Premium design by Joshua Nabuka.

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In

Add New Playlist

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • World
  • Lifestyle
  • Entertainment
  • Business
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Apps

© 2025 360NewsUG - Premium design by Joshua Nabuka.